Monday, September 23, 2013

Liebster Moment!!

It’s been quite a while since I have posted something on my blog (for me a week is too much..:P). Not that I’ve lost interest but “Hey, Student life is tough!” I’ve spent the last couple of weeks working perennially on a competition which awaits me this Friday, and co-incidentally, this week is also host to college prelims.

So I decided to spend sometime today away from work, to just blog, and this good news welcomed me. Vidhi nominated my blog for a Liebster Award! Now isn’t that cool! Thank You for that Vidhi! And as I’ve told you before, your nail art is damn awesome.


So here is how Liebster Award works:

a)      You answer the 10 questions that your nominator gave you
b)      After that you nominate 10 other people who have less than 200 followers and link them in your post
c)      You think of 10 new questions for the nominees to answer
d)     You let them know you’ve nominated them so they can post their response/questions.

This is just an exercise to allow bloggers to know each other better, and I hope this does justice to the objective (Please excuse my lingo for some days, it’s just an overdose of writing speeches for debates).

So the questions which Vidhi has asked me are:

1.      Who is your favorite blogger?
I love reading, and as days have gone by, I have got into the act of reading blogs instead of books and newspapers. Not that I have any favorites as such, but there is a blog whose post I wish to see every time I log in to read stuff. And that is Nitesh Sir. His blog Mysay.in has slowly displaced my newspaper habit as it keeps me updated with the latest news of the nation in a fun way which is good to read.

2.      What is your favorite food?
I love eating. Period. I would enjoy eating any spicy eatable, but it is fast food which attracts me most. And being a Mumbai-ite, it’s the Mumbai street food which is the best for me! Hot vada-pavs, and the buttery pav bhaji, and the samosas. Slurp! That made my mouth water!

3.      What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
There are many crazy things I have done, but I could count this as the craziest. Around 5-6 years ago, there was some problem in the phone (At that time there were those big landlines). I had to make a call to my friend about a project and it was very urgent as well. The repair guy informed us that it would take him some time before he could drop in to check the phone.

Young and crazy, I decided to take down the phone in order to check the problem and to try to repair it. The day ended with the handset going in the bin (somehow I could not manage to close it again). Maybe that was the moment I decided to become an engineer..:P

4.      Your favorite romantic comedy?
I must bow my head down to say that I do not enjoy romantic comedies at all. Movies mean speed, action, bullets, tanks, and detectives to me, and that’s my preferred genre.

5.      What would you buy someone gave you unlimited money?
Now there’s a whole list. Most of the items in this list would be the creations of technology which would include a supercomputer and some automobiles.

6.      Which is the outfit that you loved in the past but hate it now?
I used to wear sports jerseys, and I used to wear them a lot. I hate them now, with all the flimsy material, and the slippery stuff.

7.      Do you blog for fun or is it your career?
I blog just to freshen up. Writing is my passion, and I use it just for recreation.

8.      Do you believe in ghosts?
Not at all. It’s just our imagination.

9.      Who would you like as your blogging partner?
I prefer being alone when I write stuff, but I am always open to ideas. So any one who is open and who shares his/her honest opinion with me would be perfectly fine.

10.  Do you like giveaways? Do you participate in any?
A very good question. I have always thought of expanding my blog to hold contests and to host giveaways as well. I hope to soon start on that as well.
I love to participate in any contest, especially if it concerns writing, so yeah, I am a one for taking part in giveaways.

Here are my questions:
1.      If you had to spend a day as the Prime Minister of India, what would you do?
2.      Which is your favorite past time other than blogging?
3.      Which is your favorite book?
4.      What is your favorite sweet?
5.      Which is the biggest mistake of your life?
6.      Who is your favorite cartoon character?
7.      Which genre of music do you enjoy the most?
8.      If there happened to be an alien invasion, and you could escape with a person or a thing, then who or what would you take with yourself?
9.      Which blogger’s work do you savor the most?
10.  After doing what task would you feel that your life’s aim was accomplished?

My nominees for the Liebster Award are:

21 comments:

  1. Congrats Karan..Many more to come.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and it is a nice way to make one's network strong as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all congrats on the award!
    And thank you very much for bestowing the honor on me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha...I loved reading the answers...its great to know more about you karan :) ur the typical guy who loves dhishum dhishum waala movies :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could do justice to your questions..:)
      Nice description I should say...:P ;)

      Delete
  5. congrats dude.. keep posting more..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations :)
    And next time se do remind me of anything like that :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations... Happy blogging Karan :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Karan for the award keep blogging and having fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks da..:)
    Never gonna stop..;) :D

    ReplyDelete