Friday, May 1, 2015

Bounded



I wait here in the darkness so bleak,
Searching for a path to venture onto,
It’s all so different, it’s all so new,
Shivering and shaking, jitters going down my spine,
I look into the approaching window of time,
Colors I see so abstract, unique yet patched together,
Not a rainbow with pots of gold at the end,
Nor a Picasso so very intricate,
Patches of grey so catchy spread around,
A gesture welcoming yet so false,
Hands together leading into the darkness,
A struggle to keep warm in this world so cold,
You I seek in the dense billowing smoke,
As you fight the chains of the eyes and voices,
Bounded just by the anchors so vague.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, good words mate..
    ""Hands together leading into the darkness,
    A struggle to keep warm in this world so cold""
    These two lines in specific were just too good... I have been repeating these lines 5 times since I've read them already!!

    ReplyDelete