Sunday, March 31, 2013

Dark Dire Deeds-Part 3



The moon stood all alone in the dark. The news of my fight with Karim Chacha had spread like wildfire. After hearing about it, even mother did not visit me; I sat all alone-just like the moon-racking my brains for a new modus operandi. I was so immersed in my thoughts that I didn’t notice my best friend, Muzaffar Lal Khan come and sit beside me.

The same age as me, Muzaffar was more agile and muscular. At the height of 6 feet and 3 inches, he spent two hours at the gym daily in order to remain fit and fine at all times. Dressed in the traditional Pakistani clothing of shalwar kameez, he also sported an earring and also a tattoo on his hand.

He sat down silently next to me and asked,” Why didn’t you call me?”

“I did not want to be a burden on you,” I replied sullenly.

“You sure are an idiot. Well, I came here to tell you something. The jeweler, Khan Sahib, has gotten delivery of a new consignment of diamonds today. And the whole package could be worth at least 50 thousand Rupees. And..."

He stopped midway and looked around nervously. He was about to continue when I looked up at him.

"No need to continue. I know what you mean," I said with a twinkle in my eye.

"So we together in this," he asked.

My reply of affirmation sparkled on his face in form of a smile. He embraced me and left. I sat down on the bench, a plot already being drafted in my mind. This would be my first big step on the path of evil and I, unaware of the future, had continued with the idea which would take me far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment