Monday, April 8, 2013

The Journey...Sadness Redefined-Part 2



It was a Sunday- a surprisingly sunny afternoon in November. The sun blessed the earth with its heat and welcomed all of the populace into the open spaces. A smile ripened on my face as the phone sitting quietly sitting next to me started vibrating softly on a random rhythm and displayed the name of my best friend.

“Hey dear. I see you’ve become too busy to be with your best friend these days,” Dia said with fake remorse.

“No…it’s just that the weird weather has made me feel low,” I replied in a morose tone.

“Aww…come on down right now grouchy. I don’t wanna come up to your house to pull you down,” she threatened with the hint of a laugh in her voice.

“Yaa, I’ll be right down sweetheart,” I replied in my cheerful voice.

Happiness glimmered on my face and the textbook on my lap thumped down to the floor with a bang as I stood up excitedly. Quickly picking the fat hardback, I deposited it on the sofa and ran to my room. I hurriedly checked myself in the mirror and rushed to the door.

“Where do you think you’re going,” my mom asked me from near the doorjamb. “Did you complete your homework,” she continued.

“Actually mom, I started doing it. Like I was going to start doing it but then ABC called me down. She has some urgent work, seriously. I’m not lying. For sure I’ll complete it as soon as I come back. Now I’m going; Dia will be waiting. Bye mom, I’ll be back in sometime,” I responded from outside the door.

Banging the door shut, I rushed down. I did not have even an inkling about how today’s event was going to affect the next year of my life. Today was going to be a big day, and the next hour would be the most important hour in not only my life, but in someone else’s as well. But as of the moment, I did not know him, and nor did he know me. This was the start of the game of life; a game which would show its twists and turns as time progressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment