Monday, April 15, 2013

The Journey...Sadness Redefined-Part 4



We moved away from the shadows and into the golden evening rays of the sun. They welcomed us with the same exuberance they had portrayed to the first person to walk into its welcome heat. We looked around, especially me, as i would be the judge about today's meeting. I would be the one to influence Dia's decision on the guy.

Suddenly, Dia clamped my hand and her perfectly manicured fingernails scratched the soft skin of my forearm. Red welts appeared and a screech of pain left my mouth. I turned and looked at her in surprise, but all i got in return was a dreamy-eyed expression. Dia was staring into the distance and her face was lit up in a smile, also prancing in the beauty of her blush and dimples. She looked extremely cute and adorable at that moment; but the pain on my hand got better of me and i called out to her.

"Princess, where are you lost? And that's my hand you're peeling into," I exclaimed.

"Why did u disturb me? Can't you let your sister enjoy sometime admiring her special someone," she asked scornfully; still squinting into the distance.

I looked around to get a glimpse of him, but there was no one to match the description I'd been given. Helplessly glancing around, i was finally helped furiously by Dia who pointed out a figure in the distance.

A figure so ordinary; so simple and so plain. Yet so manly and yet soft. His features were not clear from the long distance, and we moved in closer as he greeted us with waves. Not us, it was just her he was greeting; he didn't know me yet.

As we moved in closer the resolution of the image increased and the picture became clearer; and as we moved closer, the more shock hit me in the heart. How could Dia like such a simple guy?

Dressed in a black jacket and matching jeans, he just stood there leaning lazily against the trees. He glanced around at the children and his face glowed with happiness at the scene in front of his eyes. And suddenly he turned.

Brown eyes with the combination of jet black hair and the addition of dimples and a million dollar smile made him look simple yet unique. His eyes expressed their feelings differently and behaved as different entities in their own self. He studied Dia for a moment and then his eyes moved their vantage point towards me. His eyes studied me keenly and took in the whole of me. It was the same for me.

Dia broke the silence and also pulled him away from me. But there was something that had hit me. I knew not what it was. Nor did I have an inkling of what was to proceed. I just knew that this guy would be the best person for Dia and I hoped that she would listen to me this once. They laughed and talked and made merry, and i walked behind in tow.

"Oh Kiara, i forgot to introduce you to Sid," she said formally with a smile on her face.

"Hey. I was just wondering if your name would be as beautiful as you are. Hearing it from Dia just made affirms my thought," he said with a twinkle in his eyes. He extended his arm and I clutched it lightly.

"I'm Kiara and its very nice to meet you," i replied jovially. His eyes bored into mine with a same dreaminess i had seen somewhere else as well. If I had managed to recollect my senses at that point then it would have been different and the following events would not have taken place. I just wish now at the change of events. I wish they wouldn't have taken place; I wish I wouldn’t have met him in the first place. I just wish...

No comments:

Post a Comment