Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Red and Green



Tense is the situation,
And still is the world,
There swirls out the paper,
As everything starts to unfold.

Letters and numbers,
All looking the same,
They command their presence,
With sorrow and fame.

There ends the silence with sighs,
And several high-fives,
Jubilation and glee, coupled
Together as the silver lining.

But there in the corner,
Flow the tears,
The black in the numbers,
Acting to blur the world.

Away from the fun,
Away from the happiness,
There walk away the hidden tears,
Head bowed in acceptance of defeat.

But the world cannot rest.

There stalks the criticism,
And the happy face,
Sneering smiles,
They all are very vile.

Spots lining the cheeks,
Rises the face,
Moist eyes, still radiant,
Shine in the shadow of the dark.

“You do not know me,
Nor you ever will,
It was my mistake,
Which led to this great peril.

Soon will my darkness vanish,
And also your happy smile,
It will be gone in a swish,
Nothing lasts for the whole mile.”
There starts the walk again,
Now with the head held high,
Leaving behind a void,
Which echoes the resolute speech.

He glares at the speck,
Far away in the distance,
Eyes with a mixture of red and green,
For the one who does not care.

4 comments:

  1. Nice Lines Karan..
    You are really good with words..Keep it up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. “You do not know me,
    Nor you ever will,
    It was my mistake,
    Which led to this great peril.

    Soon will my darkness vanish,
    And also your happy smile,
    It will be gone in a swish,
    Nothing lasts for the whole mile.”

    Though I loved entire articulation but these few words took me in some different place at once in my head!! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete