Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Songs of Satyagraha- My Review



Music has always played a major part in my life. It has been with me in my happy, sad, angry, devastated, irritated, and all of the moments people have in their lives. The music of this year started off with the big hit of Aashiqui 2 (which is the only album I can recollect :P) and now my playlist has songs from movies like Lootera, and Bhaag Milkha Bhaag as well (not the whole album, but just some select songs).

The songs of D-Day did well for me as well, with vocals from Rahul Ram, and another reproduction of the impressive ‘Duma Dum Mast Kalandar’ by Abida Parveen; whereas the music of Once Upon A Time Dobaara failed to impress me that much.

But the latest entrant in my playlist is the album ‘Satyagraha’. A mere ruse made me download the album, and a long wait for a bus at the bus stop engrossed me to listen to this album. Well, the result was shocking. A movie based on a topic involving corruption, the songs are absolutely matching the theme.

Well, to be frank, the songs are fun. The lyrics do make you laugh at times, especially in the song ‘Janta Rocks’; and the tunes of all the songs are sticking. You cannot do better than humming the tunes during the day (I have been doing it during my exams). Rahul Ram again uses his vocals in ‘Hum Bhole The’ and stirs up the blood.

On the whole, this album is good to hear, and puts the theme of the film in full display with the use of ironic and satirical lyrics which sum up the condition of the whole nation at this point.

Now downloaded the songs of Madras Café, starring John Abraham, Ayushmann Khurana, and Nargis Fakhri. Will put up a review if something in it clicks me. ;)

PS: This is my first try at reviewing a musical subject. Please put down your comments at the bottom of the page; that will be appreciated. Do listen to the music and comment! :)

9 comments:

  1. Buddy Dumadum Mast Kalandar originally was by Runa Laila, and not Abida Parveen....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. will search for more information and will confirm it better before posting...
      And thank you for pointing it out..:)

      Delete
  2. Your first review on Songs--Well pretty nice,You Could have given the favorite tracks name...But nevertheless Good..

    And as for the Satyagraha Songs..I haven't ye listened to them and will have to do surely

    ReplyDelete
  3. good review.........way to go
    my fav list this year Aashiqui 2 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this review on music is good but after watching this movie Can say it's a so so efforts by director Prakash Jha but in other side the act of Amitabh Bacchan and Ajay Devgan was awesome. This movie motivate us at some moments but at some major points this movie is not up to the mark. Well can say a good effort by Prakash Jha but he deserves for something outstanding...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh..I got other reviews that the film is great..I hope to see it soon myself...will put my review on after that...
      Thanks for spending time over here...keep visiting..:)

      Delete