Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Togetherness- A Series (Part 7)

Firstly, I would like to apologize on the delay between the last part and this one. Secondly, I would like to wish everyone a Very Happy Diwali, and also a prosperous New Year.

The earlier parts of the series: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5 and Part 6.

Karan sat in disbelief as he heard the same tale again, now from a different mouth. As Niki's parents narrate their thoughts and also expressed their feelings for him, he was left agape. He wanted to be happy as he was going to marry his sweetheart without any hindrances; he wanted to question his parents on why they hadn’t told him anything earlier; and various other things which he wanted to do at the same precise moment. But he chose to sit there at his place, unmoved.

As the tale came to an end, Karan got up and walked to the wash basin and splashed water on his face.

“I'm still having trouble believing this. But as you are my parents, I know it is the truth, and that what you have done will be for my and Niki's greater good. Thanks for thinking so much about us mom and dad. Maybe I should use the plurals for both."

“Ha-ha, the blogger comes in here from the depths doesn’t he?"

“Can’t help it dad," I replied with a wink and hugged them both.

“So what's your plan Karan?"

“I wanted to surprise Niki with this."

“How exactly would you like to do that?"

“When I initially proposed to her, I had made her a promise. I want to fulfill my promise at the same time and the same place and the same date."

“And when is that," asked his mother.

“The 13th of this month."

“That’s the day after Niki returns," Niki's mother pitched in.

“Yes. So, I want to surprise her on that day and I want to make her call me to meet her or else she will know my plan."

“So have you thought of something which could be done?"

“Yes, I had thought of a whole plan which could be used. So after Niki comes back, she will be tired and the whole day will go by with her resting and stuff like that. Even if she calls to meet me, I will tell her I'm out for some work, or I will make some excuse like that."

“Why don’t you meet her that day? I'd surely jump on a chance to meet Smita if she's out for like for even 2 days," his father said.

“If I meet her, then I won’t be able to keep things secret, because I can’t lie to her, and even if I don’t tell her, she will know from my talks or somehow. She just manages to know things, I don’t know how."

“Ahh, an understanding already. That’s lovely. Learn from them Riddhi. They are already so good at understanding each other, and look at you. You don’t even know what I like doing in the day," said Niki's dad from the background with feigned disappointment.

"We'll see what you like and don’t after they all go. Properly," his wife replied to him, as we all laughed.

Continuing his plan Karan went on, as the 4 of them listened intently, amazed at his creative ideas and the way he was going to use them; it was just lovely. Niki’s mom was the most ecstatic, and it was understood- her daughter was going to be married to her perfect match! As he ended his plan, they couldn’t help but clap for him. All they thought at the moment was, "He is going to keep her happy, and in doing that, he will be happy."

And in their minds, they blessed the soon-to-be couple from the deepest point of their hearts.

6 comments:

  1. Nice read.......... Good going............................

    Besides if you are interested I can talk some business with you. @Kenfolios
    we are offering tons of good features and opportunities for Bloggers/Writers through our writers and bloggers program. Visit Kenfolios writers and bloggers program for more details and join for your own benefit and promotion of your blog.
    Kenfolios
    You can contact me @ banerjeedebopam@hotmail.com for more details.
    You can join Kenfolios @ Join Kenfolios
    Please ignore if you are not interested.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [ Smiles ] A highly interesting series; I enjoyed Part 7.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir...glad that you are following it..:)

      Delete
  3. lovely Karan..To Shehnai kab baja rahe ho.. ;)

    ReplyDelete