Friday, March 13, 2015

Dangerous



We started at the bottom,
Rising like fumes immaterial,
Not unseen, visible from a distance,
High enough to fall I slipped,
Your hand took mine so strong,
Pulled me higher to you,
Pulled me closer to you,
I didn’t know where we were headed,
Something in us was just too dangerous.

Walked away with life we did,
Into the storm hand and glove,
A rage against torment,
A fire against snow falling,
Ash against the shadows darkening,
Not a fight but a rebellion,
My eyes in yours, the distance closing,
I let myself go with the flow,
I didn’t know where we were headed,
Something in us was just too dangerous.

Here at the end of the road,
Desolate and empty the silence,
Devoid of people, wishes a plenty,
The gleam I saw in your eyes,
Mirroring the one in mine,
A bomb about to blast,
The place about to tear apart,
Just with you and me,
The road extending for a journey unknown,
I didn’t know where we were headed,
Something in us was just too dangerous.

Flame to the fire not fuel,
We were the fire burning each other,
Not in mind but in soul consuming,
Scary yet satisfying, satiable,
A shadow united in motion,
Away from the rest you took me,
You’re a mystery unsolved, a riddle untold,
The future for us isn’t normal in the least,
I don’t know where we are headed,
Something in us is just too dangerous.

1 comment: