Saturday, June 28, 2014

Debt That All Pay



I come in the day,
I come in the night,
I shall take you with me,
Even if you put up a fight.

Darkness I bring,
And sorrow too,
Be ready always,
‘Cause next maybe you.

A shadow I am,
A figure unseen,
You see just once,
May you be old or a teen.

There is no delay,
There isn’t a diversion,
I take what I choose,
There isn’t any substitution.

Many ways I have,
To crawl quietly in,
I can even jump in noisily,
But in taking you I will always win.

There’s no place to run,
Nor a place to hide,
This I my game alone,
So my rules you’ll have to abide.

I shall chase,
I shall follow,
Till the right day comes,
And you turn pale yellow.

Complete silence or,
Even a loud scream,
It won’t scare me at all,
Nor at night give me a bad dream.

You shall have your space,
As I will be far away,
But then I shall come,
To take the debt that all men pay.

There you shall rest,
And slow down will your breath,
Then my warm embrace,
The one you call as death.

14 comments: