Monday, June 23, 2014

The Island



blue sea rages
a concord of green and brown
a-typical island

Firstly, this is the picture the haiku is all about.
 
Secondly, it matches the prompt because it does not follow the classic haiku rules. Though it has 17 syllables, the 5-7-5 rule isn’t followed. You wouldn’t find something like this on my blog, because I somehow always make sure I follow the rules of writing, at least the rules of haikus. :P

This post is written for Project 365’s Open-to-All Prompt for today.

10 comments:

  1. No harm in breaking the rules sometimes:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what a way to break the rules my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rules are meant to be broken ;)
    Who wouldn't love being stranded on such an island? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh yes Aayesha ;)
      Well, not me unless there's electricity and internet so I can keep blogging ;) :P

      Delete
    2. Hahahah! :P
      I know, where will all your ideas go, if you can't blog :P

      Delete
  4. 5-7-5 is the classical rule....there are other rules too while writing a haiku...this one is 4-7-6 ...so you've made your own rule... :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that other rules existed too...:O
      And yes Ma'am...that does sound way better than saying that I've broken rules ;) :P :D

      Delete