Tuesday, June 17, 2014

You Are To Me As



As I stand,
My hand held in yours,
You ask a question,
Something for me to say,
To answer from all heart,
What am I to you?

My lips don’t move,
My brain doesn’t think,
My eyes don’t blink,
As my heart says that,
It beats for you o dear,
And your lips curve into a smile.

You are to me special,
As is a blue moon,
Coming once a millennium,
Or a shooting star,
Which makes a wish come true,
That is you.

You are to me beautiful,
As is a baby little,
To his mother, smiling,
Or a maiden walking,
White as snow gleaming,
That is you.

You are to me vivid,
As is the sky,
With the rising sun,
A combination of colors,
Mixed perfectly together,
That is you.

You are to me graceful,
As is a ballet dancer,
Pirouetting on her toes,
Or a swan pretty,
Approaching the shore slow,
That is you.

You are to me exquisite,
As is a carpet Persian,
With designs intricate,
From head to toe,
Made slowly with perfection,
That is you.

You are to me perfect,
As is God to his devotee,
Divine and blissful,
And forever peaceful,
Omnipresent at all times,
That is you.

You are to me,
As I am to you,
Like a glove to hand,
Or lace to a shoe,
That is we together,
Forever I can only say thus,
That I love you.

14 comments:

  1. so brace up as promised..a big fat comment for you

    this piece of poetry rings a deep bell inside.. there is too much of rawness in it and i love the comparisons that you have done... love is hard to pin down in one word and no matter how many comparisons we use, at the end, we are still trying to make it reflect the type of beautiful rage it truly is.

    for someone who is not yet 18. you are definitely gifted a lot... this piece of poetry shows the kind of lucidity of words that you have.. some of my fave lines from this piece are


    You are to me exquisite,
    As is a carpet Persian,
    With designs intricate,
    From head to toe,
    Made slowly with perfection,
    That is you.


    That is we together,
    Forever I can only say thus,
    That I love you.

    I told you before and i shall tell you again... this is exquisite and wonderfully beautiful... there is too much of love in it and how i love love, i love to say... you should write more of such pieces because they are one of the best and God bless the girl you finally get because there are few things girl like more than having a piece of poetry dedicated to them..
    you have a long way to go kid
    you make me a proud sister <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sis :D :)
      Feels great to read your comments, and after that, I must say, your comment was really holy good...but replying gets tough ;) #iykwim :P
      Keep visiting Ma'am..!!
      (Just for the fun of it :P)

      Delete
  2. Well composed Karan !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one,,... I really like the last stanza of the poem, conveys a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sir, glad you liked it :D
      Keep visiting..!!

      Delete